The information below covers the rules and entries for predicting the maximum altitude attained by the MAJ Francis E. Dade Dart.
VFW Rocket Launch Information
- The rocket must leave the launch rail. If the motor does not ignite, a new igniter will be inserted and the launch attempt repeated.
- Two barometric altimeters will be used to determine the maximum altitude obtained by the rocket.
- If both altimeters fail, the entire prize pool goes to the VFW.
- If the rocket is lost or unrecoverable, the entire prize pool goes to the VFW.
- The winner is the person who has the prediction closest to the measured altitude. If two people are tied, the prediction UNDER the measured altitude is the winner.
- All predictions are in feet and there can be no duplicate predictions.
- Enter as many times as you wish. $5.00 per prediction
- Predictions will be placed with the bartender or an officer of the VFW. This page will be updated with the predictions as they are made.
- Rocket weight with motor: 79.5 oz ( 4 lb 15.5 oz)
- Motor: Cesaroni 38mm 5-grain motor (601I350-16A)
- Total impulse: 601.00 Ns (135.22 lb.s)
- Thrust duration: 1.71 s
- Max thrust: 399.74 N (89.94 lb)
- Parachute ejection delay: 12 s
- Velocity of the pad: 61.9 ft/s
- Altitude prediction window: 8 to 4,400 feet
Launch date: 19 January 2019 at approximately 1200 hours
Location: Plant City Rocket Pasture (public is invited to attend – contact me for more info)
If there is inclement weather, the launch will be on 16 February 2019
VFW Post 4283 Dade Dart Predictions
|Jim W - TTRA||3850|